Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh, What a Night!

My first post on my new Blogger blog! I've been blogging for a while at Livejournal, but I've decided that I like the ability to personalize my blog a little more here. What better time to start a new post than at 3:30 in the morning!

Well, thanks to a fight with a friend, changing a poopy diaper on a sleeping toddler at midnight, and (excuse me while I go put said toddler back to sleep). Where was I? Oh yeah, my six year old woke up about an hour or so ago with a stuffy nose. I give her some children's night-time cold medicine, send her off to dreamland, only to have her come back and tell me that she can't sleep because of a scary dog shadow on her ceiling. I go crawl in bed with her, and I don't see a shadow, but I suggest that it might be a dog like Padme getting ready to lick her. "Or like Wolfy!" she theorizes. Wolfy is her favorite stuffed animal. I think it's a husky.

So she's back to sleep(I think), but youngest child is still playing around in his crib. Husband is snoring away next to me. Man's best friend is chasing something in her sleep and knocking against the dresser. I hope to eventually go to sleep tonight. Sometime. Soon.

Alright, so my first post here may be incoherent and a little weird. I was trying to think of a cool name for the title of my blog, but nothing really came to mind. I decided to go with "Nothing to Write Home About" because 1)(actually, I was thinking "Strawberry Fields, but that's "Nothing to get hung about,"which doesn't make sense to me, so if someone cares to elaborate), and 2) I'm not as gifted in the writing department as some of my blogging friends are. My blog's purpose is to help me stay in touch with family and friends and if you find it witty and entertaining in any way- bonus!

It has been an hour, and it looks like everyone is finally asleep-except me, but I hope to head there soon!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

krippee said...

I sub'd to your new blog stop, but I can't read your first post. I can't read text on a black background. It wigs my eyes out to much.

Crystal said...

Hi there, I never did tell you thank you for the kind comments that you've left on my blog in the past. I randomly burst into song as well, so we've got that in common. :)

Welcome to blogger!