Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life in my New Home

Here's a brief run down of the events over the last couple of days:
I ended up staying awake until 4:30 in the morning on Sunday packing and cleaning. When I went to bed and woke up 3 hours later, I didn't really feel accomplished- still so much left to do. We went to church, said our goodbyes, and I cried the whole time.

After we got back, and my friend took me out for lunch, it was back to work- with even more packing and cleaning and loading. By 5:30 I had made it out on the road. I was very tired, but had help from my friend, Dr. Pepper. Kyrie and Jayden were pretty good along the way. We made a few stops- including a Burger King for a snack and time to run around and play on the structures.

I ran into a glitch with my GPS, and it stopped tracking about 3/4ths of the way there. I know how to get around town to get to my MIL's house, but I didn't trust myself to remember what junctions to take. Plus, my night vision isn't the best. But I called Mark and got affirmation of where I was supposed to go, and made it in at 12:30.

Kyrie was konked out(despite earlier protests that she couldn't sleep in the car). She went straight away to sleep again when we arrived, but Jayden still thought it was party time. I tried to get him to sleep with me, but as I started drifting off,he got out of bed and went into the living room where we found the fun and noisy ball popper toy I mentioned in a previous post. I brought him back to the room and put him into the playpen(thanks to my mother in law for setting it up before we got there). He eventually fell asleep, and proceeded to sleep in until noon. I was grateful for the extra sleep. We managed getting the van unloaded, and Kyrie and MIL washed the van while I started unpacking.

To be continued tomorrow since I'm typing this on my phone and my fingers are starting to cramp up. Can't wait for the wireless internet to be hooked up! We sold our desktop and got a laptop for me so I'll be portable!


Cynthia said...

Glad you made it there safely- especially with so little sleep. Good luck getting settled in.

I know that congregation has meant a lot to you and have been so supportive of your family- I can see why you would cry about leaving them. Sort of a family-away-from-family. I hope you're able to stay in touch with that group and find another where you can feel just as comfortable.

Shellie Paparazzo said...

Well, I hope things are still going well for you. I'm glad you finally got some sleep. And I'm thankful for the internet, so we can still keep in touch. Today's the last day of school for my kids. Going to Chloe's graduation later. Trying to get caught up a little with the laundry and dishes, so I can mostly just hang out with them tomorrow.