Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Melting

It's 102 degrees in Seattle, and while that was pretty much expected in Pullman, everyone here is melting. Nobody has air conditioning in their homes. I'll have to say that it's a lot cooler in our basement apartment than in our old place with only a swamp cooler.

To beat the heat, I'm sitting at the pool with Kyrie and Isaiah and their neighbor friend who always likes to tag along with us. Swim lessons are paying off. Kyrie has a lot less fear and trepidation than Isaiah still, but he's coming along. Still doesn't want to dive for the toy, but he jumps in without a death grip and counts my fingers underwater and will actually float by himself for a few seconds.

Kyrie had Vacation Bible School again yesterday, and she had a blast! They got to go to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium(lucky duck)! Their bus got a flat tire, so they didn't get back until 6. We were planning on taking the kids to Pizza Hut because they got a personal pan pizza for their summer reading prize. We thought the restaurant was a sit down style, so we were a little surprised to get inside and find no tables. We took our pizza to the church parking lot and found a shady spot to eat while we waited for Kyrie. After she got back, we took all the kids(neighbor kid included) to a nice shady park. One would have thought that after all the activities of the day, they would have fallen asleep quickly, but such was not the case.

I guess that's summer for ya!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aside from the heat, it sounds like you are all having a wonderful summer.

Cynthia said...

I'm glad everyone had a great day. Those temps are OUTRAGEOUS for Seattle. I guess I know where our normal 100+ temps went (it was only in the 80's here today- positively COOL for July).

I think Vacation Bible School is a great thing for kids. Do you think one of the Non-denominational churches around here would let my kids go? I have no interest in switching BUT I think all relgions have wonderful things to offer and this is a great benefit NOT offered by our church. Can you imagine how shocked some of my neighbors would be? Tee Hee.

Ashley said...

I'm melting too! I just did a post about it on my blog. Where did our beautiful Seattle weather go???? I miss it!