Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cooling Down

The temperatures we've had the last couple of days are starting to please the Seattlites a bit more. I was kind of nervous taking my two kids to swim lessons today. Isaiah had complained about being cold yesterday, and it was even colder today. They wore their jackets to the outdoor pool today. Kyrie forgot to take hers off when she got in the water. Oooops!

Isaiah was very reluctant to get in, but I managed to lower his body in the pool. Sorry, little guy! He eventually realized that it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. By the way, he is having more success in swim lessons- including reaching down at the bottom of the pool for his toy! At the end of lessons today, the teachers told the kids to get out of the pool and follow them. I could sense what was coming. They were going to jump off the diving board! Another mom was sitting next to me, and we discussed how our reserved offspring would balk at such a task. We both watched in amazement when they actually did it! I was so proud of Isaiah! He was proud of himself, too!

On a funny note, Jayden has been learning to sing. He sings a long when we play Rock Band 2. Well, the only part he sings is "Na, na, na, na,na, na, na..." on the song "E-Pro." The funny thing is that he's singing "Ring Around the Rosies," but cannot quite pronounce the word "ashes." Can you figure out what word is coming out instead? If he grows up cursing like a sailor, I'm going to blame my husband. Today he said that while we were at swimming lessons, they watched part of "Live Free or Die Hard" today. He thinks he heard Jayden repeat Bruce Willis after he said the "S" word. In the meantime, I'm still trying to teach the kid how to use words to communicate instead of grunting and crying and pointing. He is coming along, though, and I suppose one of these days he'll start talking so much that I'll be complaining about that!

1 comment:

Shellie Paparazzo said...

Wow! That's great. I hope my kids start swimming better soon. Unfortunately we weren't able to get them lessons this summer. Josh has been trying to teach them.